Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hello from Santa Fe

Hello dear friends!
Thanks for all of the well wishes and support. I've been on the road for just over a week and I have to admit that it seems more like a month. It gets pretty lonely without Vicki and the cats or anyone else for that matter. Getting online has been difficult sometimes because of the hotels and other times because of this crappy little notebook. I wanted to post photos from the road but I can't find the camera cable, I guess I packed it. Thankfully I pre-scheduled Weekend Reflections. :) I look forward to posting photos and stories after we get settled in California. This trip has taken me over 2,000 miles through eight states so far. I drove trough a few severe thunderstorms and even had some close calls with tornadoes. In fact I passed through Joplin, MO less than 24hrs after the deadly tornado and sadly there was another tornado warning while I was there. Then more tornado warnings in Oklahoma and Texas. I finally felt at ease when I arrived in New Mexico, nothing but beautiful blue skies. I feel terrible for the people who were impacted by the floods and tornadoes but I feel very blessed that I got through it unharmed. Now I need to figure out where to go tomorrow it could be Colorado,Utah, Arizona or maybe another part of New Mexico.

P.S. The Mexican food in New Mexico is excellent!

Bye for now.

20 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that everything is going OK for you in your travels, except for the lonely part. I'm in NYC, this week & I'm really ready to get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear from you, James, and as a traveler I know that the connectivity with photos can often be a frustrating challenge... Safe travels to you and I look forward to your return from a new location...

    "See the USA in your Chevrolet!"

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is well and that you missed that tornado in Joplin. Those poor folks. I wish them all the best. Be safe James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you, James! So glad you missed the horror in Joplin! Know you will be glad to get settled in and have some sense of normalcy -- whatever that is! I'm holding good thoughts for you. Stay safe!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got that far safely, James. Horrible weather the world has been having lately!
    Also glad to hear Santa Fe didn't disappoint. It's one of the places I still want to visit.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know you and your trip is going well.
    I'll be here waiting for new photos. :))
    Have a nice stay, honey.
    A warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You got to NM pretty fast. When I drove cross country, I wasn't traveling alone. I don't know if I could hack it otherwise. All I can take is an overnight camping trip alone, and then it gets kinda, well... lonely. But NM is a great place to chill out. I loved old town Albuquerque and the Sky City Pueblo was one of the highlights of my whole trip. Get ready for that long drive thru the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. James, sounds like a great trip even with the close calls and the feeling of loneliness. I am glad you are well and safe in NM. Enjoy the food and the blue skies. Thanks for the update. Yep, waiting for more stories and your wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for giving some news! You maybe feel alone in your car, but see how many of us are with you along that great trip! :o)
    We heard about tornadoes even here in France, and knowing you were on the road was worrying me. Now the hardest part seems to be behind you.At least, you eat well!:o))
    Hope to read from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey James, thanks so much for updating your news!
    Take care!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well hopefully, the nasty weather is behind you now. Enjoy the remainder of the trip and be safe!

    Years ago, a friend and I rode motorcycles to Bounder, CO, from Ambler, PA and it took 3 days each way. It really puts into perspective just how big this country is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you go through Phoenix, you are more than welcome... blue sky, no storm announced...
    Have a safe trip and enjoy the view when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you!
    Hope to see beautiful pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're figuring out the route as you go? That's great!
    So glad you didn't get blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so nice to have some news, James ! This is quite a shock to hear about those tornados : I had no idea it could be that terrible : lucky you, you're in one piece after this adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its pretty lonely on the road alone.. I bet Vickie and your cats are missing you too.
    Glad you weathered the storms.. westward ho! Happy journeys, James.

    be well and safe,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to hear more about the trip, and I'll bet you've been clicking the shutter along the way... so we'll no doubt have some fine sights to see soon from your memory cards. Hopefully the reunion with V. and cats will happen soon... one can't live without cats for very long !
    :-)

    WV is "fulfurli"... full furly, which is what happens when one picks up a cat for a big hug after a long separation...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you safely got through the storms! There is much to see in any of those states. I'm looking forward to your shots from any direction!

    ReplyDelete