Monday, October 18, 2010

Balboa Pier During a Storm

Brave fishermen weathering the storm at the end of the pier.


Looking at the pier as large rain drops fall.
This is a pre-scheduled post I'll be back to normal blogging in mid to late November.
I took these photos during the terrible storms in Southern California last January. I took the bottom shot when there was a short break in the storm but by the time I took the top one a couple of minutes later the wind was blowing about 50 mph and the rain was starting to pour. Plus the waves were almost crashing onto the pier. Not a great place for a camera. Thankfully I parked my car close by. :)

19 comments:

  1. Terrific captures as always, James! And it does look stormy and wet!! Hope you have a terrific trip! Looking forward to your photos when you return!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woaw! I love them! what a great mood!You captured the spirit of the storm!fabulous, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So reminds me of the movie The Perfect Storm. These are outstanding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos James! I can imagine the waves crashing over the pier, the howl and force of the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top photo shows the wind for sure. I do like these pictures. The bottom one is more calm but definitely wet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think the light in the second shot really captures the feel of a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lOVE your processing on the second photo...it really captures the excitement of that storm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well done James,
    I specially love the colours in your second picture, excellent!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have captured the feeling of the storm perfectly - that heavy yet bright light! You are going to have a lot of praising comments to come home to after your vacation, James! So good of you to leave these for us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots, James! You can feel the fury of the storm.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic capture and very dramatic shots! Glad to hear you were able to take shelter immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The storm. . .
    The unrest space seems to be the human inside.

    ruma

    ReplyDelete