Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ben in the Sky with Airplanes.



The title is a play on the Michael Jackson song "Ben" which is about a killer rat and the Beatles Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds.
The two lower pictures are not edited and only the middle photo was cropped. I heard the plane and tried to get a couple of pictures. When I got home and looked at them I noticed that it looked like a tiny airplane being chased into a cloud hole by a giant cloud rat. It's amazing what you see when you look up or in my case when you take a second look.

-I decided to add a touched up photo because it's easier to see the airplane and the cloud rat together.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful giant rat: great idea and photo!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your imagination. Great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love it when you capture this kind of picture! I don't like rats but I'll make an exception...great shot!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think it's amazing that you were trying to capture the plane and saw this cloud after downloading the picture. I think God may have been having fun that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1)You live with a cat
    2)called Lucy
    3)you see rats in sky
    4)you probably know the legend about the Beatles's song..Ü
    What did you take for breakfeast this morning?...Ü
    (and it's contagious, I see the rat, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome capture.....love the title aswell....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots!! :)
    Have a great friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An aerial Wind in the Willows. Or possibly wacky tabbacky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did well James, a great post about sky ( with an special guest "the plane"!).
    Léia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh I would have never seen that. It's brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all need to open our eyes and LOOK . . . wonderful sky shots

    ReplyDelete
  12. yap that's a mouse. well sighted and beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Shot and definately looks like a rat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the photos, especially the middle one! Didn't really need the explanation, I think they speak for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful shots. I love to spot planes against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! You're right! Poor little airplane…
    ;)

    ReplyDelete