Monday, May 18, 2009

A day in New York City

Today I took the train from Trenton NJ to NYC. I didn't have a plan so I just took the subway from Penn station to the Greenwich Village and walked around. When I was a kid I was a big fan of Shaft and in that movie John Shaft had espresso in the Caffe Reggio, I did too and a chocolate cannoli in the same seat as he did so many years ago. It still looks the same. Then I had the recession special at Gray's Papaya. (two hot dogs and a drink for $4.95). I walked a little more and discovered it's not easy to find a restroom in the city. I ended up at Columbus circle and finally Central Park. It was fun but I cut it short so I could beat the crowds. I think I could get used to this.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures James!
    I'm envious, believe me!:-)
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your greetings from New York City.
    I envy your trip a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Specially the 3rd one from top. Too good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you lucky. Just hop on the train and you're in NY. We want to visit NY. THe flight is a bit long, almost 20 hours. We went to Disneyland in Anaheim, that 14 hours flight already gave me butt pain.

    Is that Time Square? It looks rather quiet for a day scene. I usually get to see NY Time Square night scenes, it looks rather bustling. Maybe the neon lights make it looks "busy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to all and thanks for the comments.
    Ai Shiang. No it's not Time Square this is the Flatiron building.Didn't make it to Time Square this time. I guess I am lucky, even when I was a kid I lived only a few miles away from Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Imagine" is touching and visually beautiful. Thanks for sharing the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up right next door to Cafe Reggio and your licked clean plate reminds me of home. I plan on going back soon to take my own nostalgic shots. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete