Friday, May 1, 2009

Walking in the Blanton


This week's photohunt theme is walking.
While In Austin Last weekend my wife and I walked around an art museum called the Blanton.
It was at the university of Texas. In the past few months I've been to the Louvre, the Met in NYC, and the Kimbell in Fort Worth. So I was getting a little burned out on spending hours looking at the old masters. The Blanton was a breath of fresh air. It is relatively small with a nice mix of art styles. The featured exhibit was called Birth of cool California art, design and culture midcentury. It was very interesting and dare I say cool. What wasn't cool was the no photography allowed in the exhibit. That was downstairs the upstairs had a nice mix of European,old west,Greek and modern art. I also liked the way the inside of the building looked and was set up with lots of natural light.

7 comments:

  1. These are wonderful works of art. Thanks for sharing them.

    Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come back tomorrow!


    joy
    A Pinay In EnglandYour Love CoachI, Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Photohunt by a former Texan. loved seeing sights from my alma mater. I have only been in Photohunt for 3 weeks but find it challenging to re-hone what once was pretty good skills when I was much, much younger.

    Thanks for the memories.

    My selection this week depicts two of my most painful surgeries-knee replacements but I can now walk free or nearly free of pain.

    http://cowardscorner-nitwit1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!! I love the windows..would've been perfect a couple of weeks ago for "triangles" theme. Come visit at Friendship Alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting museum. Especially like the last picture.
    Your post reminds me of our visit to the Louvre where we promised our kids we would only go to see the Mona Lisa. We walked and walked through all those corridors to get there. Never imagined it to be such a big museum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely walk through a gallery. I enjoy walking through galleries but find I don't do it often. I have a friend who is an artist and have done some gallery walks with her. Thanks for visiting my photohunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The windows set in the third picture get me somewhat dizzy...

    ReplyDelete