Saturday, April 18, 2009

Texas Motor Speedway of Life

Today for the first time I decided to check out Texas Motor Speedway. No events were scheduled so I could walk around with no problems. From what I can tell NASCAR is very popular around here. The place is absoluley huge (1200 acres). It also has a few fully equipted camp grounds and a ten story condominium and office building over looking the track and probably a lot more things that I didn't notice. I read that it cost around a quarter of a billion dollars to build and can seat over 200,000 people.
The condos are in the building on the right in the bottom photo and they can be rented for $12,000 a week or $5,000 a weekend during NASCAR races. :-0

3 comments:

  1. wowwwwww this place is huge!
    In Brazil we have "Interlagos Autodrome José Carlos Pace"famous mainly for the race "Formula 1".

    But I need to confess I'm not this kind of speed "fan"!!!
    :-))
    For me, something more calm please!
    Great post James...Very interesting and "expensive"sport!

    By the way, your comment about that post Kiss from a Rose in Luna's blog was fantastic! Congratulations for your delicate "rose"and God bless your love !Sooo beautiful indeed!
    Kind Regards
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Léia. I'm not a racing fan either but after seeing this place it looks like it would be exciting to see. I would like to see just the last few laps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never a fan of racing, either, but this place looks grand! I actually like the building in your first photo. But goodness at the rent of those condos!

    ReplyDelete