Monday, April 6, 2009

The Nation's Church


Today we have Christ Church in Philadelphia Pennsylvania founded in 1695. It's a very simple but beautiful old church. While I was sitting in one of the pews I noticed a gold sign that said this was the seat of Betsy Ross, then I saw others for George Washington, Ben Franklin and more. I got goose bumps thinking about the history of this American landmark and the founding mothers and fathers who worshiped there. Christ Church was originally a parish of the Church of England then later became the birthplace of the American Episcopal church.

I look forward to visiting this church again when I move to Pennsylvania next month.




5 comments:

  1. Hi James, you asked where my door picture was...it's actually in Preston Hollow. It's an area where grand houses are priced an average of 7 million. This is one of those doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks, That reminds me I want to go there and get some pictures before I move. I just hope the security or cops don't chase me away. The houses are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Church is wonderful!
    The last picture is outstanding!Lovely composition!Well done!
    Waiting for more pictures from Pennsylvania!Good luck!
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Léia, I plan to really explore my new area so I hope to get some good and interesting pictures.
    I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love churches from the architectural aspect. This interior is very elegant and gracefully.

    ReplyDelete