Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eglise de Jeanne d'Arc




It's Sunday what better day to start posting churches. Three things I like to do when I travel are restaurants, museums, old churches and cathedrals. I have lots of church photos so I guess this will be called church week. Most are very old but today's church is the church of Joan of Arc it's in Rouen France and at least from what I gathered from the guy working in the church (my French is terrible and he spoke little English)
it was built in the late 1970's next to the ruins of the site where Joan of Arc was burned. It's also across the from the La Couronne restaurant that I wrote about before. It's not an old church but it's very unusual looking.

So here is the outside, a strange looking ceiling and a statue of Joan of Arc inside.






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Very modern , I liked the second picture, the angle and light are perfect in this shot!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,
    Interesting post about the church. It's very unusual but beautiful, especially the ceiling.

    Glad you are inspired to take some photography classes. I felt really dumb for quite some time believe me, but it got better and now I wish I could take one every semester!
    V

    ReplyDelete