Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brussels Churches


In February my wife and I took a day trip from paris to Brussels on the coldest,rainiest,windiest day imaginable.(two umbrellas bit the dust and we got soaking wet) but I'm still glad we went. After spending a good part of the day in a Brussels history museum at the Grand Place and in a really good restaurant. The rain and wind slowed so we ventured out again and here are some of the churches we saw. The top one is The St. Michael and Gudula Cathedral, the middle is the Church of Saint-Nicolas and the bottom one is Notre Dame aux Riches Claires a "17th century church built in the Flemish Renaissance style is the work of Luc Fayd'herbe and is typical of the Brabant Baroque style."

4 comments:

  1. wow
    After all coldest,rainiest,windiest day you took wonderful pictures! Many thanks! The first one is outstanding!Huge! :-)
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Léia, Yes the first one was huge but not as big as the one I saw in Rouen France. I'll post it on Friday.
    Be sure to give some gentle scratches under Luna's chin for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good ol' Sainte Gudule! Glad you enjoyed my hometown even under unhospitable skies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this series. I am never in Brussels before.

    ReplyDelete