Sunday, March 15, 2009

Paradise Lost?

I remember when my wife and I told people that we were moving to Texas. Almost everybody was confused and wondered why we would want to leave the paradise that is Orange County, CA.

We both were born and raised in O.C. It has the best weather year round, natural beauty, plenty to do and see. We said leaving was a way of saving money since all the amenities came at a high price. Well, that was part of it. Another reason we left, besides the fact that O.C. has become very different from what we remember growing up, is because we wanted to, and had the oppourtunity to see and experience other places. San Francisco (in the late 80's) was the first stop. Texas is the second stop. Pennsylvania is next, but ultimately we plan on returning home where I can stand on a pier in January and photograph the beach, palm trees and snow-covered mountains while wearing shorts.


I'm not in a hurry, though. There's so much that I want to see around the country and the world.

1 comment:

  1. From the West Coast to the East Coast.
    It is the great experience in the country of dozens of times of my country.

    U.S.A. is a wonderful place.
    When I ever went to San Francisco, I did not want to return to my country.

    It is a good memory.
    Like this beautiful sea and mountain.

    ReplyDelete